Search for?

Pay your fine here

If you have driven illegally in the Danish low emission zones, you can pay the administrative fine on this webpage.

Pay a fine

If you own a vehicle that has been driven illegally in a low emission zone, you can pay the administrative fine here.

Claim a fine

If you have illegally driven a vehicle that you don’t legally own in a low emission zone, you can claim the administrative fine and pay it here.

Check the rules for your vehicle


Diesel-powered cars must have a particulate filter in order to be able to drive legally in the low emission zones as of 1 October 2023.

Rules for cars


Older diesel vans need a particulate filter for driving in the low emission zones.

Regulations for vans

Lorries & buses

Heavy diesel-powered vehicles (lorries and buses) weighing more than 3.5 tonnes must be fitted with a particulate filter to enter a low emission zone

Regulations for lorries and buses

Where and how to apply for a dispensation?

In very special cases, it’s possible to get a dispensation from the rules. Dispensations and exemptions are only granted for short periods of time. 

Questions and answers regarding fines

Where can I find a receipt for my payment?

If you pay here on the website, you will get a receipt once you have completed the payment, which you can then download. The receipt won’t be sent to you.
If you’re paying by using the payment slip attached to the administrative fine, it will appear on your bank statement in accordance with the agreement you have with your bank.

I have received an administrative fine, but I wasn’t the person driving the vehicle. What should I do?

Administrative fines for illegal driving in low-emission zones are always issued to the registered owner (user) of a vehicle, even if the owner (user) wasn’t the one driving it.
You can avoid criminal liability as an owner (user) if the person who drove the vehicle reports to the Danish Environment Protection Agency that it was them who drove the vehicle at the time of the offence, and they do so within 30 days of receipt of the issued administrative fine. The driver can acknowledge the offence and pay the administrative fine here by clicking on “Claim a fine” and then entering the specified reference number and registration number.

Please note that, depending on the circumstances, it may be a criminal offence for an owner (user) of a vehicle to falsely name another person as the driver of the vehicle at the time of the offence. It is also a criminal offence for a person other than the owner (user) to falsely identify themselves as the driver of the vehicle at the time of the offence.
In cases where the Danish Environment Protection Agency assesses that a criminal offence may have been committed as mentioned above, the Danish Environment Protection Agency will immediately submit a police report.

Are there other places where I can pay the fine?

You can pay administrative fines using your credit card by clicking “Pay a fine”. You can also pay the administrative fine by using the payment slip enclosed with the administrative fine. Payment information is also provided on the administrative fine.

What happens when I have filed for an objection?

Once you have filed for an objection for an administrative fine, your case is automatically put on hold, so you don’t need to take any further action until you have received a response to your objection.

Can I get multiple administrative fines?

Yes, you can. An administrative fine will be issued for each 24-hour period that we record illegal driving in a low-emission zone. Furthermore, an administrative fine will be issued for each low-emission zone in which you have driven illegally.
Therefore, for every day you drive illegally in one or more low-emission zones, you will receive one or more administrative fines until your vehicle complies with the rules.

Write us

You can write us on You can fill in the formular and attach documentation.

Call us

Monday-Thursday 08:30 - 16.00
Friday 08:30 - 15:30
+45 7080 9282
Language: English